You can never have too many simple, nutritious side dishes up your sleeve! Ginger Parsley Snap Peas is another great recipe that you can throw together last minute and trust that everyone in the family will gobble them up! And this recipe is coming at just the right time, because peas are going to be sprouting up in gardens everywhere very soon!
I happen to love ginger so there’s never enough ginger for me. However if you’re on the fence about it, this is still a great recipe for you because there’s just a hint of it. And the parsley in this dish is not just for garnish. I feel like parsley is way underestimated in nutritional value. It actually has loads of vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. And then of course, you always need a bit of grass-fed butter to help you properly absorb those vitamins!
The other thing that I really love about this recipe is that the peas are cooked in one of my most prized pieces of kitchen equipment- my STEAMER! Steaming veggies is a really quick and healthful way to cook up your veggies and I use mine multiple times throughout the week. I like this steamer. It’s inexpensive, effective and easy to use!
- 1 lb of fresh snap peas, washed and trimmed
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger
- juice of half of a lemon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. butter
- sea salt and pepper
- Place your ginger in the bottom of your steamer basket.
- Layer the peas in the steamer and steam until bright green, but still crispy- about 3-4 minutes.
- When the peas are steamed, remove them from the steamer and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon on top.
- Toss in the parsley.
- Season generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Top with butter and let it melt in. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to eat peas?
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.