I got some beautifully ripe and delicious mangoes in my CSA box this week. They were soft and juicy and ready to be devoured! I absolutely love using mangoes in dressings. They add so much sweetness and tanginess that is uniquely mango!
You guys know by now that I think that store-bought dressings are one of the biggest ripoffs in the market. You get a whole lot more than you bargain for when you buy those things, including MSG, corn syrup and nasty preservatives. It is far too quick and easy to make your own at home rather than buy them. Making your own dressing can be as simple as a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of oil, or something that requires blending, such as this one. But even the more “complicated” dressings, still come together in less than 3 minutes. Give this Spicy Mango Vinaigrette a try!
- 1/2 cup
- 2 RIPE mangoes, peeled and removed from the pit
- 2 jalapenos, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put your ripe mango chunks, jalapenos, honey, white wine vinegar and lemon juice into your blender. Pulse until everything comes together and you don’t have huge chunks of jalapeno or mango.
- With the motor running, stream in the olive oil.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.
What’s your favorite homemade vinaigrette or salad dressing to make?
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.