Although this dish is great any time of year, for me it’s a decidedly summertime dish. The brightness of the cilantro and lime with the sweetness of the potatoes and corn makes the salad super versatile.This dish works great as a side dish alongside some simply grilled chicken or pork chops, but is also substantial enough to be eaten as a meal in itself, which is how I ate it for my dinner tonight! You could also load it up in some lettuce cups or a sprouted grain tortilla. Anyway you serve this salad, it’s delicious, nutritious and satisfying. Enjoy!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, medium diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and medium diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn (I used frozen, but you can use canned or fresh)
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (you can use dried beans and soak and cook them if you plan that far ahead)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Toss your diced sweet potato with the coconut oil, cumin, chilli powder and oregano and spread evenly on a sheet tray. Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy, turning once halfway through cooking.
- In the mean time, place honey, lime juice and olive oil in the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add in corn, beans, tomato, red onion and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- When the sweet potatoes have finished roasting, add them to the mixing bowl with the other ingredients and fold them in.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.